Monday – hot and sunny
Jasper learns to ski. Click image to view video, then click blank screen.
Wow 6″ fresh powder. I’m excited. Hang on, why am I getting excited, these crutches get in the way so no skiing today.
Chris departs early for a flight to San Francisco.
Breakfast in bed again – Macaroni pudding and summer fruits.
Legs feeling so much better. Less acute pain and no need for those brain fuddling pain killers.
Religion – Beyond Belief
Goodbye to the first amendment:
Childish and Hypocritical
David Cameron and George Osborne suffered a major defeat in their bid to extend Sunday trading laws tonight as a larger-than-expected Tory rebellion voted down the plans.Ministers had scrambled to table new amendments in the Commons ahead of the crucial vote, but they were defeated by a majority of 31.
An estimated 26 Tory rebels consigned the Government to defeat over the proposals to give local councils the power to allow large stores to open for longer than the current six-hour limit on Sundays.
The SNP’s decision to oppose the plans, despite the proposed new laws having no direct effect in Scotland where shops are already allowed to open longer on Sundays, guaranteed the Government lost the vote.
Business minister Sajid Javd said he ‘respects’ those opposed to Sunday trading in principle but blasted the SNP’s opposition as ‘childish and hypocritical’. The Government claimed the party had previously offered their support.
What in the name of a soggy haggis and fried mars bar are we doing letting these bare arsed, tight wad, porridge munchers in skirts decide our policies. Time for a JOCKOUT vote in England. Only our PC correct bubble headed politicians could allow such stupidity. Heads need to roll. Time for some entertainment for the masses, with a Saturday afternoon Flavian Amphitheatre lion feeding extravaganza me thinks.
Tuesday – hot and sunny
Butties on the plaza.
Relaxing morning. Kurt and Fiona go off skiing. George and Helen have two buddy passes for them. Fiona skis with Helen and Kurt goes off with George.
The geriatric cripples get to look after Jasper. Then we go up to the plaza and meet the kids for lunch. They’re all sat in the sun eating butties.
Jasper then dons his skis and has a great session. He’s started to get the hang of skiing down on his own. A massive step forward. Despite a few falls he’s keen for more – see videos. Making real good progress.
Jasper the downhill racer. Click on image and then on the blank screen to see the video.
In the evening we’re off round to the Schmitts for an awesome traditional German dinner, and stunning cheese board.
Religion – Beyond Belief
Leak of IS Registration Forms Identifies 22,000 Jihadis:
Click image for Daily Mail article.
Publish them and be dammed. Then we’ll all know where the evil little barbarians are and can deal with them.
Wednesday – hot and sunny
Let’s make a snowman.
After researching femur surgery, as you do in the middle of the night, I’ve just released that my piece of meccano has actually been shoved down the Centre of my femur. When I study the X-rays they also confirm it. For the past year I’d always thought it was screwed to the side. Amazing that they can get it down the Centre. Wonder what they did with all the bone marrow it replaced, perhaps there’s a dog under the operating table having a great feast. No wonder it took 3 hours of surgery.
Wake up to it snowing and 4″ of awesome powder overnight.
The finished result.
Jasper goes out on golf course for a ski on the fresh snow, but it’s too slow for him. They all build a snowman, complete with carrot nose (just like them dam witches of Los Angeles), Oreo eyes and a Blackburn Rovers scarf. Kurts terrified someone will come and pinch the scarf – as if.
Religion – Beyond Belief
Bill Maher again on religion:
Being in the USA during an election year is certainly a challenge to your sanity. It goes on for so long I’m sure that once it’s time put your Monica on the ballot paper most electors are comatose or ready to slit their wrists.Just a flavour of what you can expect, with a bizarre tribute song to Trump performed by 3 Freedom kids:
The GOP debates are vicious. Worse than a load of 10 year old gutter snipes in a school yard scrap. Of course this year there’s the added entertainment value of Trump, but the thought that any of them could be President is more scary than ??
Now I’ve always been a fan a touch of outspoken eccentricity to liven things up but Trump even makes Corbyn look normal. Even Fox News has abandoned him and his own Republican Party just hate what they’ve spawned. Too late, it really looks like he’ll get the Republican nomination.
Here’s just a few of his outlandish statements:
1. “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud”
Trump was determined to “expose” President Obama’s birthplace back in 2012, and even claimed to have sent investigators to Hawaii in the hopes of proving Obama wasn’t born in the United States.
2. “Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again – just watch. He can do much better!”
Clearly Donald is a Team Edward kind of guy…
3. “Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”
Trump always has charming things to say about successful, prominent women – but he stooped particularly low with this comment about Huffington Post founder.
4. “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”
Trump proves (again) that he views a woman’s looks over anything else…
6. “I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
Oh for goodness sake.
7. “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people.”
Just another casually racial slur, then…
8. “Our great African-American President hasn’t exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore.”
Don’t worry, his racist outbursts aren’t just directed at Mexico.
Thursday – hot and sunny
Poor old snowman.
2″ fresh snow overnight.
Kurt says goodbye as he sets off to fly home.
Poor old snowman looking a bit the worse for climate change.
We all have a lazy morning, make some butties and take Jasper up to the mountain for a ski and lunch. Just as we pull into the car park and find a great parking place, he nods off to sleep.
Change of plan. Have lunch and a dirty chai on the plaza in the glorious sunshine. Jasper finally wakes up so we take him for a little ski. Has a couple of runs with Wendy and Fiona but then he’s had enough.
Call at Starbucks for a small lot coffee and Jasper gets his ski treat of a Mr Whippy ice cream. Wendy cruises the supermarket isles whilst I savour my coffee and do my blog.
Boy it’s oh so warm, like a summers day. Well I can think of worse places to convalesce Blackburn being high on that list.
Starbucks for Papas reward after skiing.
Fiona takes Jasper to the park in his red car. He loves it – see pictures.
Rather than pondering the “shit happens” statement, I need to remember the American words of wisdom “Shit happens, suck it up”.
A wise sage (Kurt) reminded me, early this morning, that at least “bones heal”. So true, at least its not permanent. There are so many worse off.
Jasper continues to make awesome progress on potty training, despite having a bright pink potty. Only one accident all week and not just his pees but he’s also asking to do poo’s too. Well done kid.
Seems like a bargain. $609 with buddy passes worth $200 for a whole season skiing. Assuming you survive the season.
Well I think we’ll be back next ski season. Gives me a clearly defined goal. Wendy’s idea is that I could just stay safe and stick to green runs. Hmm and I suppose I’ll have to avoid lifts and walk back up the mountain! I don’t think so. Perhaps it’s time for cross country skiing – too much like hard work.
“I don’t believe it”.
Seems like not only has Cameron gone to the EU with his begging bowl and asked for nothing, he’s then come back with even less than nothing. Can you believe it? But it also turns out that morsels offered him have no validity, in that the European Court of Justice can override what’s been offered. Not even worth ink used to print it.It’s a bit like sending a little lad to get the free bus pass you’re entitled to, and he comes back with an expensive season pass for a ski resort you never go to – pots for rags as they say.
Just a few more trumps:
9. “If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired.’”
Trump has infamously hated on Rosie O’Donnell, making crude, sexist and misogynistic remarks about her on multiple occasions.
10. “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
Because of course, no woman can resist Trump’s charms. [Throws up on keyboard]
11. “One of they key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”
Well at least he’s showing some self awareness.
12. “The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.”
And not that fabulous barnet of yours?
13. “It’s freezing and snowing in New York – we need global warming!”
Definitely not missing the point…
14. “I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
Possibly (/definitely) one of the creepiest things we’ve ever heard…
15. “My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body.”
16. “I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.”
We’re glad he’s so concerned about the obesity crisis.
17. “I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I’m more honest and my women are more beautiful.”
Women aren’t possessions, Donald. They can’t belong to you.
18. “You’re disgusting.”
To put this into context, Donald Trump said this to the opposing lawyer during a court case when she asked for a medical break to pump breast milk for her three-month-old daughter.
19. “The point is, you can never be too greedy.”
Campaign slogan = sorted.
Jasper in red car.
20. “Sorry, there is no STAR on the stage tonight!”
In his Twitter liveblogging of the Democratic debate, Trump seemed to think he was watching a talent show rather than looking for the next POTUS.
21. “My Twitter has become so powerful that I can actually make my enemies tell the truth.”
We think Donald may be overestimating the power of Twitter.
22. “My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.”
Don’t worry, we won’t.
23. “I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”
What does that even mean?
24. “The other candidates — they went in, they didn’t know the air conditioning didn’t work. They sweated like dogs…How are they gonna beat ISIS? I don’t think it’s gonna happen.”
Because sweating = the inability to solve a political crisis. Gotcha.
25. “Look at those hands, are they small hands? And, [Republican rival Marco Rubio] referred to my hands: ‘If they’re small, something else must be small.’ I guarantee you there’s no problem. I guarantee.”
Along with the petition to keep him out of the UK, can we also campaign for Trump to stop talking about his penis?
Religion – Beyond Belief
Well I used to be against banning the burka. But I do find it offensive and feel it’s a statement of defiance and discourages integration. Why it should be that you’re expected to remove your crash helmet and yet not your burka. Well we all know the answer to that, its the crazy progressive PC storm trooper brigade.Anyway I’ve had enough of Islam, ISIS and “it’s nothing to do with Islam” lefty PC apologists. So let’s ban the burka in public and start to regain our country:
Click image for Lancashire Evening Telegraph article.